What Services Does a Family Dentist Provide?
Selecting the right dentist is imperative because keeping your teeth and gums in good shape is closely tied to your overall health. A family dentist will offer x-rays, dental cleanings, fillings, teeth whitening, root canals, crowns, dentures and a variety of other services. For example, we offer emergency dental services, periodontal treatment, bridges, white fillings and geriatric dentistry solutions. If there is something specific that you are looking for, please contact us for more information.
Top Things to Consider When Choosing a Family Dentist
1. Credentials and Experience – Your family’s dental health deserves to be taken very seriously, and you also want to ensure that you select a dentist who has a proven history of success. Therefore, selecting a family dentist who has an extensive amount of experience and credentials will provide you with peace of mind. Industry awards are also a great indicator of the dentist’s skill level and reputation.
2. Availability – Finding the most experienced dentist in town will not do you any good if they do not currently have any openings for new patients. Additionally, you need to make sure that their normal business hours will accommodate your specific schedule needs. We are aware of the importance of remaining flexible, and this is why we stay open later three times a week and offer Saturday appointments.
3. Office Environment and Staff – It is vital to feel comfortable with the entire staff so that you can be confident with each dental decision that you are asked to make. Dealing with an unpleasant staff member or issues such as incorrect billing can become a major inconvenience, and there is no reason to settle for a family dental office that does not take steps to avoid these problems.
4. Emergency Services – Selecting a family dentist who does not offer emergency services will force you to find an alternative option if you ever find yourself facing a situation after hours that cannot wait. Some people do not place a lot of importance on finding a dentist who treats emergencies, but it is always best to be prepared for any potential situation that could occur. After all, you would not pick a primary care physician who does not have the experience to treat a specific medical condition that you have been diagnosed with, so why would you choose a dentist who is not equipped to help you with an emergency?
5. Available Services – Each family has specific needs based on their overall dental health, and you should carefully consider any specific requirements before choosing a family dentist. For example, if a member of your family has periodontal disease, you definitely need to select a dental office that specializes in providing treatment for this condition.
We understand the importance of finding a family dentist in the Cleveland area who can offer you everything that you need. Please contact us for more information about our top-rated local dentists. We look forward to meeting you and helping you maintain a healthy smile.
“I saw Dr. Kramer at Emerald Dental. He was so personal and made me feel comfortable. His hygienist was also so kind and I really felt like she cleaned my teeth. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kramer and Emerald dental!”